Hello Art Lovers!
- “ENCOURAGE CREATIVITY” is our philosophy and that’s what we do.
- River Bank Gallery is a vibrant and enthusiastic art space which engages a wide community of artists and art lovers. We hold regular exhibitions, run workshops and other events. We make art fun, social and accessible to everyone. We enjoy the exciting art culture that we have created around us and we hope that you do too.
- The gallery is a showcase for some of the most talented regional artists in Australia and we are well known for bringing emerging artist into the spotlight. We also display many different types of hand crafts such as furniture, pottery, glass, jewelery etc. We are motivated here at the River Bank Gallery to ‘encourage creativity’ and we support artists by connecting them to the people that love and buy their work.
- River Bank Gallery is located in the historic main street of the bustling small town of Canowindra NSW, Australia. The River Bank Gallery itself is housed in an old Georgian style bank designed by Australian Architect, Artist and Author William Hardy Wilson . It is now a historic building and lends itself well to being a gallery with a unique atmosphere.
- Since its inception in 2005 the River Bank Gallery has become a cultural hub for a creative and artistic region. ‘Art’ has quickly become one of Canowindra’s main attractions along side it’s fossil museum, wineries, restaurants, music and hot air ballooning.
- With our “NEW” Online Store we hope that even more people can join in and embrace our philosophy of encouraging creativity.
- Our team consists of Catherine O’Brien (Director/Curator) and David Isbester (Artist). Our very different talents combine to create this wonderfully dynamic art space known as the River Bank Gallery. We are grateful for the wonderful support from our families, friends, the artists and most of all our customers who make this all possible.